Welcome one, welcome all to the underground hideout of the allusive sound ninja (shhhh, it's a secret). I stole this whole blog idea from the guys (and girls) up at grace covenant (i'm a ninja, that's what i do) along with a few other nifty ideas we should be whipping out in the next few months... that's right... i'm talking about bundling.
The purpose of this blog is simple. I want to increase communication within the sound team. This is a great place to share any observations or ideas you have on sunday morning, wednesday night, or (as it often happens with me) in the middle of class thursday afternoon.
I also want to encourage the worship team to check in every once in a while. Your input is extremely valuable to us because of your unique perspective. Let us know what we can do to better serve you before, during, and after worship. It may be anything from replacing faulty equipment, to remembering to put miguel's music stand in the right place (and no, fabian, the drum shield does not count as faulty equipment).
That's it for now, feel free to stop by whenever you want, just keep in on the DL... it is a hideout after all.
a ninja is most effective when he is most invisible
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Is this why you were wearing black today? Click on this link to see what ninjas do in their spare time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU6-42QL7NE
Hey david this is joey. it's great to be the first person to leave a message. this place it pertty cool!! keep it up.
Joseph
i think turning off the music in our monitors the same time it goes off in the house would be helpful...haha this place looks great, thanks for all the hard work you've put into this sound team. I'll post more next Sunday after getting an exact count of the cords we have/need to successfully accomplish our bundling process!! :) can't wait
Welcome to the blogging world. Feel free to use anything I have out there...
And in case you did not know yet - There are no secrets that can be kept in SG :).
MUUAAHHAA, I have inflitrated this secret blog... You know stuff spreads like wildfire in SG... And you better approve this message...
although I have been threatened to be thrown off the stage for my attempts at helping the sound set-up team...I will try to check back here every so often to see if I can learn a few things and maybe not always just be "the singer"
David, you are an amazing person, thanks for how you so faithfully serve your Church, this blog is yet another example of it!
We might have to send some of our ninja's there to bring you back?...
jordan, DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.
Believe me I do...
So, a sound question??? David, what is phantom power? And is it good to use that with when you are recording???
While i'm flattered by your adulatory comments jordan, i'm a little insulted that you think your "orlando ninjas" would be able to capture and abduct me. My ninja skills far surpass the combined strength of a thousand mid-state warriors.
Now, about phantom power. Even though it has a scary name, phantom power is really a simple concept. Balanced microphone cables have three pins. Pin 1 is the ground or shield and pins 2 and 3 carry the audio signal (the signals in pins 2 and 3 are identical but reversed so they cancel each other out and reject interference).
When you flip the phantom power switch on your soundboard, it applies a 48V direct current to pins 2 and 3. This power is usually needed to run condenser microphones. The wonderful thing about phantom power is that, just like its name, is goes unseen by everything else. Because the voltage is applied to both pins 2 and 3 it does not have any effect on your dynamic microphones and should not cause you problems when recording.
If you want to read something written by a credible source,
here is a link to an article put out by Mackie. I should be posting some more resources and links to really good sound websites in the next few weeks. I hope this helps in the mean time.
Wow, thank you sound ninja...
I don't know...what words to use to describe the awesomness that surrounds David "D-Bu" Bush.
So I will leave the next line blank so that you can make up your own words.
Indeed.
Blogger is better than Live Journal. Stephanie is wrong...again.
Post a Comment